Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Week 6 day 1

Friends, I am so sorry that I have been doing such an awful job at keeping up with this these last few days. The graduated bob is now complete. We tested on it Friday and I aced it with 100% again! We also took our written test on Friday and I did very well on that too. It is still a long way off, but I am getting more excited each day to be on the floor and able to put all of these awesome things that I'm learning into practice! 



Last night, we started color. It was mostly just theory which can be boring, but my teacher is awesome and keeps it from being that way. We played with frosting to learn about color correction (and then got to eat it!) and tonight we get to paint color wheels and learn some more. 

One of the best things so far about Tricoci is that we don't spend weeks or even days on theory before we get to all the hands on fun stuff! We may even start practical applications of color tonight! 

I also learned last night that the hair color you buy in the box at Walmart and such is full of fillers like tar. If you color your hair, please do it professionally. It may cost more, but you're putting so much crap in your hair with the box that its not worth the savings! If the cost is what keeps you from doing it, look at beauty schools in your area. For instance, most salons will charge $60 or more for a full application. Tricoci charges $35, if I'm not mistaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment